Monday, July 29, 2013

Un-Tangled

When I was a kid, about 8 or so, I had a marionette.  He was a slender figure in a tuxedo and most often I pretended he was a concert pianist. I would dance him around on the table or floor and then I’d have him play some air piano. After pretending for a while, like most 8 year olds, I tossed him aside. When I returned to resume imaginary concerts, somehow he had become a jumbled mess. His leg might be stuck up around his head or an arm permanently tied behind his back. His head cocked to one side. 

Time and time again I went to my dad with my mess. He’d be in his chair watching TV when I’d approach. He’d look at me with a sigh and ask the usual rhetorical questions. “How in the world did this happen? or ” What the heck?”  Sometimes the untangle process was easy and other times he sent me away so I wouldn’t be there staring at him. Knowing me, I was probably giving him suggestions, too.

He never failed. No matter how long it took, my dad always came through and untangled my strings. He was also my go-to guy for getting my necklaces out of knots. Whether the problem was my own fault or my little brother’s, he was always there and was good at what he did without assigning blame.

Got strings? Are they tangled? I know a Go-to Guy who specializes in untangling our life messes. And He is really good at what he does.

2 Corinthians 5:17  17 When anyone is in Christ, it is a whole new world. The old things are gone; suddenly, everything is new!

No comments:

Post a Comment